The Board of Directors and management of CDF have long recognized the importance of corporate governance practices that help ensure an environment of effective oversight and strong accountability, and have adopted comprehensive corporate governance policies and processes that are designed to safeguard our reputation and protect the interests of our shareholders.
Information about this commitment are as follows:
To safeguard shareholders' value and interests
1. Committed to building and maintaining a relationship based on trust and accessibility with both individual and institutional investors, CDF aims to offer timely, relevant information via updates/disclosures on Market Observation Post System and Company website and has a dedicated team to respond to their requests.
2.The Board has delegated to the senior management, the powers and responsibilities to conduct the day-to-day management operations of the Group and to organize the implementation of the resolutions of the Board (i.e. Procedures of the Acquisition and Divestment of Assets), annual business plans and investment proposals. The senior management must obtain the approval of the Board before entering into any material transactions.
3. Our management team and all other employees adhere to the Group's code of conduct, and are expected to consider the reputational impact of their actions and to act ethically at all times to protect CDF, as well as its clients and shareholders.
To strengthen the supervisory functions of the Board of Directors/Supervisors
1. The Board currently is comprised of a total of 11 directors (of which 3 are independent),Audit Committee and Remuneration Committee from a wide cross-section of industry veterans. Their multi-faceted expertise is evident in the positive direction and productive functioning of the Company.
2.The Board meets at least twice monthly (an Executive Directors Meeting and a Board Meeting), and may also meet at other times as needed. All directors and supervisors are entitled to receive sufficient information (respecting every decision to be made by the board) prior to the meeting which allows intelligent and informed decisions.
3. All directors and supervisors abide by the conflict of interest policy and avoid situations in which he/she has, or can have, a direct or indirect interest that conflicts, or possibly may conflict, with the interests of the Company.
To fulfill not only shareholders' but also other stakeholders' expectations
1. We believe that our efforts to perform well financially and to protect our shareholders' interests are not in conflict with our respect for the needs and well being of other stakeholders including employees, customers, business partners and the general public. We continuously communicate and work closely with different stakeholders to make sure the Company is responsive to their needs and concerns.
2.CDF is committed to community projects and social welfare initiatives such as: the 'Perfect Nutrition' program, the 'Campus Lunch' Contest, and 'Food-loving Babies'.
To improve transparency and disclosure
1. CDF aims to provide open and transparent communications about our performance and activities which provides our stakeholders-including shareholders-with access to the information they need to make informed decisions about the Company.
2.CDF ranks 'Grade A++' as evaluated by the Information Disclosure and Transparency Rankings System (IDTRS) conducted by the Securities and Futures Institute (the SFI is entrusted by the Taiwan Stock Exchange Corporation and the Gre Tai Securities Market).